Citibank Routing Number: If you are on the verge of opening your bank account, one of the most important things that you should be aware of is the routing number. Transfer of money from financial institutions domestically and internationally requires the routing number.
You might have heard of the SWIFT CODE, which is used as a sort of identity for banks. The SWIFT code has different names like BSB Number(Australia), IFSC Code(India), etc. Similarly, the routing number is the United States version of the swift code.
All the banks possess their own routing number. Sometimes the different branches of the same bank might have a different routing number. Hence, if you are the kind of person who values your hard-earned money, then having sufficient knowledge about the Routing Number is essential. Otherwise, you are under the risk of losing your valuable money. In this article, we will be providing you with the routing number of Citibank and much more.
What is the Citibank Routing Number?
In the United States or any country for that matter, Banks use a code to identify themselves and the branch. This code is the Routing Number or the Swift Code. The routing number can be found on a check or in the official website of the bank.
The routing number is usually a 9 digit code that precedes the bank account number in the check. These two numbers are needed to make deposits to any account. Routing number helps banks to identify the source of the cash and its destination.
Citibank, one of the largest banks in the US has different routing numbers for its branches. The routing numbers also has different names like Routing Transit Number, ABA Routing Number, etc. So, the next time you hear these terms, you know what they mean.
Why Do You Need a Citibank Routing Number?
You should realize that the Citibank routing number has a multitude of uses.
- Wire Transfer- Any financial transaction with the aid of electronics is known as a Wire transfer. They are indeed more quick and convenient compared to traditional means of transfer. Also, domestic wire transactions do not involve any intermediaries and are direct. However, the same cannot be said for international wire transfers as the money is sent to an intermediate bank.
- ACH Payment- Unlike Wire Transfers, ACH transfers do not cost money and are generally free. For this, you need your ACH routing number. ACH routing number can be obtained from your checkbook. ACH transfers are not as fast compared to wire transfers. They usually involve an intermediary and is not direct.
- Routing Number is necessary to make payments with chek.
- Any deposits and payment of bills automatically from your account also need the routing number.
- To receive salaries and other benefits like pensions.
How To Find Citibank Routing Number?
On a Check:
At the bottom left corner of the Citibank check, you can find three strings of numbers. The first set of numbers is the Citibank routing number. The routing number is a nine-digit code. The next set of eleven numbers gives your account number. In some cases, the account number and routing number may not be separated. However, always, the routing number precedes the account number. The final set of numbers is your check number. This number is not of much importance and you can ignore it.
Another way to access your Citi bank routing number is by logging in to the official website. There you will find the Citibank ABA number of your branch. However, we are here to solve your problem and we will be providing the complete list of Citibank routing numbers.
Citibank Routing Number List
Find out Citibank ABA Routing Number for all the branches below.
|Northern California (including San Francisco and Central California)||321171184|
|Southern California (including Los Angeles & San Diego)||322271724|
|Nevada (Las Vegas branches 27, 29, 30 & 56)||122401710|
|Nevada (except Las Vegas branches 27, 29, 30 & 56)||322271724|
|New York (for former EAB customers)||021001486|
|Virginia & Washington DC||254070116|
If you are finding SWIFT code to do a wire transfer to your Citibank account then it’s CITIUS33.
Check out RBFCU Routing Number for doing a financial transaction.
History & Status:
Citibank might not be the largest bank in America, but in terms of banking facilities, it has to be considered one of the best. It is the largest supplier of credit cards in the world. It was established in 1812 as the City Bank of New York and currently has more than 200 million customers.
The bank has a global reach with more than 4600 branches across 19 countries. It has assets worth 1.92 Trillion and more than 204 thousand employees. Aside from the U.S. and Mexico, the majority of the company’s branches are in countries like Poland, Russia, Pakistan, India, and the UAE.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Total assets||$1.92 Trillion|
|A number of employees||204,000|
|Net income||$18.08 Billion|
- Citibank, being the largest provider of credit cards, offers a wide range of credit cards like low-interest credit cards, balance transfer credit cards, reward card cards, etc.
- City bank offers services like savings accounts, checking accounts, certificate of deposits, etc. You can easily transfer your money from Citi bank account to Non-Citi Bank Account.
- Citibank also offers personal loans with fixed rates from 7.99% to 17.99%. You can borrow up to 50,000 dollars.
- They provide Mortgages and Home Equity at affordable rates compared to other banks.
- They have support for digital wallet and supports apps like Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
Citibank Branch Near Me | Citibank ATM Near Me
With more than 700 Branches in the US alone and nearly 1500 Branches in Mexico, you can easily find Citibank branch near you. You can find Citibank ATM near your home or office in a few seconds and can easily withdraw the money. For that, you don’t need to ask anyone. Just click on the button given below and enter your location or you can allow the location service to detect your location automatically. That’s it! It will show you nearby Citibank branches and ATMs.